- Roughly 1.1 million people over the age of 13 living with HIV.
-190,000 (about 16%) are unaware of their infection.
- Rates of new infections has remained stable for the past decade at about 50K cases per year.
- With early detection and the beginning of ART (antiretroviral therapy), life expectancy is now comparable to those living without HIV.
- Male to male sex accounts for 78% of new infections.
- I.V. drug users account for 8% of new HIV infections.
For the full article, please visit:
- www.cdc.gov -